A Belated Introduction

Lira

A Belated Introduction

Postby Lira Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:22 am

Hello, Skullport. I'm Lira, and I'm PWing again, gods help me. Some of you may have seen me around Haze, Exodus, The Frontier Reborn, and Legacy in NWN2, or Escape From Uncertainy in NWN1, although it's been a while. Most of my roleplaying these days, and for the last 20+ years, is in person or by Roll20, where I run a lot of small press / indie games like The Burning Wheel, Apocalypse World, Torchbearer, Blades in the Dark, and The Quiet Year, although I'm currently running Exalted 3e for my home group, and D&D 5e for some local kids - an experience which is roughly equivalent to some of the weirder PW events and players I've seen. I'm a game design geek with emphasis on tabletop RPGs, and I'm passionate as hell about All The Games in Our Hobby That Aren't D&D (and D&D too, in the places where it works well). Hit me up on Discord (where I'm also Lira) if you want to talk about:
  • * Tabletop RPGs in general
    * Finding a game that's right for your group - especially when D&D isn't a good fit
    * Getting started GMing
    * Game design theory
... and other related topics!

My RL is intensely busy these days, which is why it's taken me some time to settle in to Skullport enough to think that I ought to make an introduction thread. My playing times are intermittent, but usually in the evenings Pacific weekdays, and occasionally on weekends when I'm not running one of my home games. See you around!

P.S., if you're going to be at PAX West 2017 this year and want to say hi, let me know! I'm going with a group for a change and won't have a whole lot of free time, but maybe we can work something out to swap PW / tabletop war stories or what-have-you.
Lira

Re: A Belated Introduction

Postby Lira Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:39 am

Nearly forgot: I'm much easier to get a hold of via the forums than anything else. My in-game time is erratic as mentioned, and I mostly have Discord up only outside of working hours but I can keep the forums tab open at work without difficulty, and often have enough time to write responses during the day.

Return to “Introductions”