Notable things we'll expect you to remember when rolling a warlock:
- You will need to select a Warlock patron from the available list.
- Your pact holder is a servant of your patron. It will be the owner of your character's soul upon his/her eventual death.
- Your patron controls the realm to which your character's soul goes after death.
- If you inherited your pact powers, you also inherited the debt of your soul (e.g. a parent promised their firstborn child).
- It is possible to have your soul released, but this will not be easy.
- Your pact holder ("a Marilith of Graz'zt" or "a pit fiend") should be named and described in detail in a secret bio so DMs can start plots for you.
Further details are here: