Sought: Advisers, Intermediaries, and Brokers to the Slave Trade

Rumors and happenings in Skullport.
Lira

Sought: Advisers, Intermediaries, and Brokers to the Slave Trade

Postby Lira Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:18 am

A public posting left on the message boards dotting Skullport. The flyers are stamped at the bottom with a seal in dark red wax.

I am Rhydian ap Maldwyn, also called Rosewood. Having established myself in Skullport and become at least somewhat familiar with its workings, I am prepared to make good on my reasons for coming here: to act as the agent and intermediary of a Surface buyer who requires a modest but consistent stream of slaves, some with particular attributes. To that end, I have three needs, which are –

I. Third-Party Advice and Consultation. As I am neither a native nor a merchant by trade, I am interested in consulting with a person or persons who have the experience I lack. I would like to discuss matters of slave-commerce with you, and possibly retain you as an agent. You will be compensated for your time, possibly with a commission on my purchases if we work together in the long term. To be clear, you must not be affiliated with any of Skullport’s slave-trading institutions, since what I need is an outsider’s perspective, but familiarity with them would be valuable.

II. Iron Ring Representatives. Gentlefolk, I understand your organization is a consortium of several businesses. In the interests of competition and good commerce, I would be pleased to make the acquaintance of as many of you as care to do business. My requirements are ongoing, and will sometimes be quite particular, so an exclusive arrangement isn’t likely, but I’d be happy to be surprised.

III. Actual Housing. I am thoroughly tired of living in inns, and would be obliged if anyone can put me in contact with someone with property for sale or rent. I am not picky, as long as the roof doesn’t leak and there is room enough to house me and my property - of all types - securely.

Until the third matter is settled, I can be reached care of the Tankard. Looking forward to your correspondence,

rapsam2003

Re: Sought: Advisers, Intermediaries, and Brokers to the Slave Trade

Postby rapsam2003 Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:55 am

A brief note is delivered to Rosewood at the Tankard. It bears the Xanathar symbol on the front and is labeled "To: Rosewood, From: Mauric Jard".
Greetings Rosewood,

I have read thy note. I would inform you that all slave trading goes through the Iron Ring. However, if you wish to avoid our consultations about slavery in Skullport, that is thy choice. With that said, I am more than willing to assist you with long-term procurement of slaves. I'm sure my fellow slavers can say the same.

Feel free to leave me a note in return with the bartender at the Tankard.

Sincerely,

Mauric Jard

((If you get on Discord, the @Slavers tag will contact any of the active Slavers players. All player Slavers are members of Xanathar Slavers Guild.))

Return to “Roleplay”