Rumors

Rumors and happenings in Skullport.
Xeneize

Re: Rumors

Postby Xeneize Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:06 am

As of late, travelers into the Targlath's caves, notably the Goblin Warrens, would come to witness several walls of the caves to be painted in some sort of purple-crimson graffiti in a calligraphy that could only come from some sort of savage, madman hand:

Garozza'Bynn
rapsam2003

Postby rapsam2003 Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:49 am

Mauric Jard speaks to Johan, the rumor monger**, giving his own version of the events. Of course, the vain tiefling painted himself in a positive light.

Mauric describes himself as standing over the body of Natalya, having ordered Thedos to intervene when the woman attacked Tarl of the Iron Boars. The unconscious woman was chained and left there. Mauric seemed quite annoyed at the whole incident and insisted Tarl to come to the Iron Ring for a business matter, later. The tiefling slaver stormed away, with the slaver overseer in tow.

There is word Tarl and several suspected goodly members took the unconscious woman's body elsewhere.
"To remove her head."

Of course, rumors are fickle things...

**See here, about Johan: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=36

((Mauric's "rumor" clarified to better show intent. I was fairly tired when I wrote it originally. My bad.))
Last edited by rapsam2003 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Awkward Utensil
Contributor

Postby Awkward Utensil Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Rumor run that Mauric Jard stood over the body of Natalya, having ordered Thedos to intervene when the woman attacked Tarl of the Iron Boars. The unconscious woman was chained and left there. Mauric seemed quite annoyed at the whole incident and insisted Tarl to come to the Iron Ring for a business matter, later. The tiefling slaver stormed away, with the slaver overseer in tow.

There is word Tarl and several Promenade members took the unconscious woman's body elsewhere.
"To remove her head."
Rummors are more likely to note Natalya brazenly attacked Tarl of the Iron Boars at Adessa's own establishment as this Mauric stood idle and watched, later stepping in after she was defeated by the Iron Boars and their allies, and trying to lay claim over the woman. He then marched off only to return later to find that apparently the Boars weren't beholden to his orders. Enraged by this news, he then attempted to press bystanders into telling him where the Iron Boars had hauled the woman off, only to grow frustrated; attemptws to shank one of Adessa's patrons. To his credit, he then wisely booked it before anything could come of the equally brash act.

But hey, rummors are fickle things.

(( Edited to cut out the sass now that intentions are better understood. =D ))
Last edited by Awkward Utensil on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shademourne

Postby Shademourne Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:41 pm

A very plain note on the Bulletin Board:

"Red Qirie" seems to be recruiting for a company of mercenaries.
Rhicora - 10/23 at 12:40 PM
"Back in my day, we had ERP!"
"Now it's just eggplants and sweat drops!"
rapsam2003

Postby rapsam2003 Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:12 pm

The slave Thedos was seen with three Iron Ring guards, in the brewery. Who knows what they were doing?
TheSpaniard

Gladiator School in the Thrown Gaunlet

Postby TheSpaniard Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:58 pm

Rumors spread of an unusual batch of slaves arriving soon to the Port of Shadows, slaves destined for the new Gladiator school being established in the Thrown Gauntlet. Skulkers talk about it in anticipation, eager to satiate their blood lust and fulfill their sadistic desires. The pit master, Balin Lysaen and Councilor of the Sorcere, is rumored to pick the slaves personally and delegate their transformation into Gladiators to experienced hired drill instructors Jace Steele and Breshnal the Beast.

Most importantly though the average skulker celebrates, "finally an actual arena, and true entertainment!"
DaftyXIII

Postby DaftyXIII Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:05 am

One side tells stores of the slave Thedos was seen with three Iron Ring guards, in the brewery.

Another says he entered alone with nothing but a haver sack sling behind his back.

Both sides to the story do confirm that Thedos stuck to the alley ways in the Tradeway.

Was this some mad rambling of a urchin asking to die, or perhaps it's just a tale told in a tavern just to make an interesting conversation?
TheSpaniard

Expedition

Postby TheSpaniard Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:07 pm

Balin makes his way through House Lysaen, followed by an entourage of his mercenaries. Rumors of an expedition through the Mound of Bones, Balin and his mercenaries prepare for a long forgotten cavern littered with crypts, rumored to contain ancient Drow relics. Many Lysaens recall a victory against Tanor'thal here, when a combined effort of blade and weave from Balin and Qelyr brought down Xandyl's favored pupil, a Mage Apprentice of Tanor'thal. Those who are not essential for the daily business, and defense of House Lysaen, are asked and welcome to come.

// 6:00pm Central time about, after I am done working. The goal is to have a slow RP adventure through this area, and see what we find as we search through the tombs, not to be rushed through and blazed past as we search for lost Drow relics.
edmaster44

Postby edmaster44 Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:41 pm

A Gypsy Caravan could be seen arriving back on Skullport, A Red Haired Drow could be seen departing with said Caravan..., destination, Calimshan. A purple spark, as well as a dim low glow of Purple lights could be seen on her eyes, she would glare at a Male Drow and smile as she pulls out a Brooch, hush words where whispered between, the two, but those who where near by picked up a few words. "Tell them..., We're still around, tell them, Soon, the Ghost of Oblodra will come back too Menzobarrenzen, heralding the darkness, Destroying house Baerne..., my Name is Oximinia Oblodra, and i will herald that Darkness..., Shadow over Menzobarrenzen, it might not happen now, or in a centenary, but i will be there...." She boarded the ship and left, never to be seen again in Skullport. ((and with this i Retire Oximinia, and Wish you all a Hail and Farewell. Type O Negative- Hail and Farewell to Britain
DirtyGoblin

Postby DirtyGoblin Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:54 am

Rumor has it that a new issue of The Dirtiest Goblin will be hitting the streets soon.

Return to “Roleplay”