Wizard RP Question

DaftyXIII

Wizard RP Question

Postby DaftyXIII Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:05 am

I do hope to the gods that this wont get heated.. but it most likely will.

So my PC Rolmus basically started out a scout and from there eventually was to become a wizard. It's cool and all but I would feel appropriate if he had a apprenticeship VS the "I learned on my own by studding". Now Rolmus was under someone for a bit then I haven't seen him for some time.... So if you where in my shoes, how would you treat this?

would a "well, I learned what i could from the boss man but now he's MIA so I'll take up what i know and go from there" be appropriate? Or would it be wise to have Rolmus seek out another Wizard to take up an apprenticeship? I'm good with either one, just looking for input.
GholaMan

Re: Wizard RP Question

Postby GholaMan Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:05 am

Well there is no right or wrong way to go about it, but my personal opinion is that having a mentor mage is more fun than not. So in your shoes I would seek a second teacher.
xorena

Postby xorena Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:29 pm

I agree with Ghola. Seek another master.
mf_hansen
Discord: mf_hansen

Postby mf_hansen Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:17 pm

It might even be an off-screen NPC you made up, that's not actually in the game.

Much like spouse or family members are just made up and not present in NWN2.

Having an actual player character mentor is lots more fun, but play schedules may sometimes be a limiting factor here.
DaftyXIII

Postby DaftyXIII Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:21 pm

yeah, Rolmus would probably seek out another master. That was my first choice after all, but figured I'd run it by some others before I decided.

Thanks for the input.

Also this went surprisingly civil :P

Return to “General Discussion”