Masterwork / enchanting changes

Bazeal

Masterwork / enchanting changes

Postby Bazeal Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:08 pm

The follow is taken from the patch notes announcement on Friday:

"- Tier3 Major Properties that also grant +AC/EB as a secondary bonus now grant +2 AC/EB instead of +1.
- Tweaks to some DMFI stuff. When a new tool is created and it ends up on the ground it now uses Copy/Destroy to get it into the pc's inventory instead of relying on a PickUp command. Commands added to test language selection.
- Enchanting/Loot fix. Masterwork will no longer add an additional +1 AC property in addition to raising/replacing the existing property.
- Masterwork will only increasethe AB of an item if it already has an AB bonus, it won't grant AB +1 on an item that doesn't have it. It will still add +1EB if it doesn't have +EB."

I can be a bit slow and It took me a couple of months to get my head arround the whole masterwork items as a conponent for enchanting +4 AC/EB items thing the first time arround and now something has changed?

Please could somebody explain to me in some detail what the changes will mean for enchanting items in future?

Thanks in advance.
Chocouatl
Head Staff

Re: Masterwork / enchanting changes

Postby Chocouatl Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:09 am

Those are fixes to bugs that were introduced with the previous update.

Masterwork behaves the same except that the +Enhancement Bonus Masterwork property will also grant a bonus to +Attack Bonus if the weapon has that property.

Return to “General Discussion”